This is very easy and very good basic fajita recipe that you can modify however you'd like and use a variety of cuts but I prefer either sirloin steak or flanks. I like to increase the amount of marinate and also add other citrus if I have it (orange, lemon).
Original Source: Geniuskitchen.com
- 3/4 lb top sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove , finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 flour tortillas ( 8 inch/20 cm)
- 2 onion
- 2 small sweet peppers , of your choice( green, red, or yellow)
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- chopped tomato
- Slice steak into thin strips.
- In bowl, mix together 1 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, hot pepper flakes, black pepper & salt.
- Add beef strips and stir to coat, set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Cut onions in half lengthwise and slice into strips, cut your peppers into strips.
- In large non stick skillet over medium high heat, heat remaining tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add onions & peppers stirring for 3-4 minutes, until softened; transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add beef to skillet, cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes or until they lose their red color.
- Return onions and peppers to skillet; stir for about one minute.
- To serve, spoon a portion of the beef mixture down the centre of each tortilla, top with your desired toppings , fold bottom of tortilla up over filling, fold the sides in, overlapping.